REMINDERS!!!!

Please keep sending Sunny D labels, Box Tops, and G&W receipts.

Quote of the Week

“When life gets you down, want to know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.” ­

~Dory, Finding Nemo~

I'm convinced of this: Good done anywhere is good done everywhere. For a change, start by speaking to people rather than walking by them like they're stones that don't matter. As long as you're breathing, it's never too late to do some good. Maya Angelou
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mayaangelo578849.html?src=t_never_too_late
I'm convinced of this: Good done anywhere is good done everywhere. For a change, start by speaking to people rather than walking by them like they're stones that don't matter. As long as you're breathing, it's never too late to do some good. Maya Angelou
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mayaangelo578849.html?src=t_never_too_late

Monday, August 1, 2016

South America Summer Adventure

Hello Students!

I had an amazing journey to South America this summer! Thank you for encouraging me and giving me the inspiration to apply for the grant from Rural Schools and Community Trust. Thanks to you and the grant, I was able to experience so many unique experiences to bring back and share with you. For the first part of my journey,  I traveled to Quito, Ecuador and then on to the Galapagos Islands. I stayed on a boat for 5 days and snorkeled with sea lions, sea turtles, sharks, sting rays, and more! We hiked through the islands that were formed from volcanoes; some of them are actual volcanoes. Next, I went on to Cusco, Peru and explored the ruins of Machu Picchu. The engineering and architecture from this ancient civilization is incredible! The bus ride up and down the mountain was the scariest part of my whole trip! Lastly, I flew to Coca, Ecuador and took a boat through the Amazon Rainforest. I was able to meet the native Kichwa people and see seven different species of monkey on our hikes. These are just a few of the amazing sights I experienced! I cannot wait to share the rest of my experience with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment